We all understand how buying or selling a home can be daunting but rewarding in the long run.
One thing that determines whether you will be happy with the home or will be regretting ever investing in it is how well the home inspection was done and whether or not it was done by a professional.
Home inspections are very important; They basically involve comprehensive examinations of the physical structure and systems of a home by an experienced professional.
Here are some of the things you need to know about the process.
1. Why Get A Home Inspection?
Home inspections are recommended for any person buying or selling a home.
The buyer usually requests for a home inspection but the home seller too can request for a home inspection before listing their property on the market.
A home inspection is a chance for the buyer to get assurance that the home he/she is purchasing is worth it.
At the same time, it is an opportunity for the seller to address any issues that may be found with the home.
2. What’s Included In A Home Inspection?
Home inspection requirements vary from state to state, but the general requirements that cut across include:
- Structural components i.e., the roofing system, the ceiling, foundation, flooring, drainage systems, etc.
- The plumbing systems
- Electrical system including the functionality of the circuit breakers, light fixtures, etc.
- Appliances basically the functioning of the built-in and free-standing appliances, refrigerator, dishwasher, etc.
- HVAC system- the condition of the furnace, air conditioning system, and the water heater
- The attic and the basement
3. What’s Not Inspected?
A general home inspection does not include inspections on pest control, asbestos, radon gas, lead paint, swimming pool, or presence of toxic mold.
In case you have any concerns about the mentioned areas, you need to look for a specialist on these areas.
To get the most out of your home inspection, research several local home inspectors and choose the best you can find to help you identify some major pitfalls in the home.
For residents of Bradenton, FL, and the Surrounding 30-mile Radius, 2RT Home Inspections specializes in home inspection services and more.
Check out their pricing rates on their website and request a quote today.