This is a type of home inspection. It involves a thorough examination of your entire electrical system including electrical wires and home appliances, ensuring that they meet the legal safety standards.
Research shows that electrical problems are the major cause of house fires and accidental electrocutions.
This may be because most homeowners overlook the wiring condition of their home appliances and they will only call in an electrician when the damage has been done.
To keep your home safe from electrical hazards, regular electrical safety inspections should be a top priority.
When should I schedule this kind of inspection?
This inspection is a must as long as you value your safety and that of your property. The times to carry out this inspection are:
- When you’ve moved into a new home
- When your home is more than 25years of age and you’ve never had an electrical home inspection
- When you’ve had a major renovation
- And when you’ve observed an electrical appliance operating erratically especially when it’s old.
What is included in an electrical safety inspection?
The inspection often includes:
- Checking for correct inadequate or improper wiring
- Reveal any lack of earthing
- Identifying any electrical wiring and other components that may have degraded over time
- Making sure that wires or sockets are not overloaded
- Checking for any potential electric shock risks
The list is not limited to this and an electrical home inspector will give you a detailed checklist of what will be inspected. To be on the safer side, always hire a licensed electrician for all your safety inspections and major electrical works.
The internet has made it easier to find a licensed electrician based on where you stay.
2RT HOME INSPECTIONS is one such company providing electrical inspections as well as other home inspection services in Bradenton, FL and Surrounding 30-mile Radius.
Call them today if you reside in these areas.